Welcome! After my corporate job was eliminated last year, I transitioned into the full time freelance world.

Living with less provided the freedom to focus on other passions and I've been freelance writing for environmentally conscious brands and busy entrepreneurs since.

my name is

Erin

freelance writer and content creator

learn more

Explore

Take your blog posts from

get the guide!

The best tips to instantly improve your blog posts, attract more readership, and increase revenue!

BLAH   to

brilliant

With spring quickly approaching, I’m almost mourning the fact I’ll be stashing away part of my winter capsule wardrobe until next year.  I didn’t intentionally begin the season with a strict vision or number of clothing articles, but I’ve worn the same 15 (ish) pieces since October, most of which I had previously thrifted.

I thought I’d highlight my top 3 favorite pieces before I get too excited about planning my spring capsule! I’ve always been drawn to a neutral color palette, so it’s no surprise I’m in all black, white and some form of beige.  Drum roll, please……………………………………..

1. Camel colored J. Crew 100% wool sweater.   Below you’ll see it worn over a dress, with jeans and with black office skinnies.

img_3649-2

Reloved: J. Crew wool sweater, Feathers shirt dress, Lucky Brand booties

capsule-2

Reloved: J. Crew wool sweater, Madewell white silk top, statement necklace

img_3730

Reloved: J. Crew wool sweater, black and white sweater and Lucky Brand booties

2. Black and White silk Feathers brand shirt dress. You can see it (above) underneath my sweater and below tucked in as a shirt and also worn over leggings!

img_3850

Reloved: Marc by Marc Jacobs trench, Feathers shirt dress, White House Black Market pants

capsule-3

Reloved: Marc by Marc Jacob trench, Feathers shirt dress

3. Black 100% wool Everlane sweater.  Below it’s worn with black skinnies, with a skirt and over a dress.

img_3643

Reloved: Everlane sweater, printed flats

img_3664

Reloved: Everlane sweater, printed flats

img_3537

Reloved: Everlane sweater, Feathers shirt dress, Lucky Brand booties

Farewell until winter 2017, my beloveds! Do you guys have any favorites you’re sad to leave behind for awhile?

I’m currently sorting out my spring capsule and I’ll be sharing details with you all soon!

Winter Capsule Top 3

fashion

February 20, 2017

back

1. I tripped over a stone.

February 21st, 2017 at 3:50 am

Love the all black. I mostly wear all black but am starting to add color…camel! With leopard print flats! So, I really like this spread of your capsule wardrobe. Will you be doing a spring and/or summer capsule? You should! ~Kim

2. Erin Hendrickson, The Minimalist RD

February 21st, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Thank you for reading! Black, camel and animal print are my favorites!!! I am currently in the process of planning out my spring/summer capsule and I’ll be sharing more about it soon!

3. I tripped over a stone.

February 25th, 2017 at 8:50 am

Check out thred up on the internet for name brand clothing for half the price! Also great basement deals. I’m super excited for the spring capsul wardrobe! I think I’ll do one too!!! Give it a try atleast. I have to go back and see what the rules were. -kim

4. Erin Hendrickson, The Minimalist RD

March 2nd, 2017 at 1:35 pm

Hey Kim! I haven’t personally used Thred Up yet, but I get their emails and it’s a great concept! I think there will be a spring 10×10 capsule announcement coming soon-I’m definitely looking forward to it!!!

5. I tripped over a stone.

March 2nd, 2017 at 1:38 pm

I am excited for this Erin!!!~Kim

6. Rusty

March 3rd, 2017 at 6:54 am

Time is almost running out on the spring capsule! What a great and thoughtful blog! You’re my number one source on minimalism! I’m truly learning a lot! Exclamation point!

7. Erin Hendrickson, The Minimalist RD

March 3rd, 2017 at 8:40 am

Do you have your Spring Capsule ready? 🙂 Any minimalist topics you’d like to know more about?! I need some writing inspiration!

8. Rusty

March 3rd, 2017 at 10:44 am

I think diet has no link to heart health. Prove me wrong.

9. Rusty

March 3rd, 2017 at 10:51 am

Vogue special edition next week.